Stan Getz Library popular music serials collection
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of rare popular music serials compiled by Berklee's Stan Getz Library under the guidance of former Dean of Learning Resources Gary Haggerty. The extent of the collection is approximately 511 issues spanning the years 1929 - 1971 and featuring the following titles: The Broadside, Broadside (Boston), Broadside (NY), Jazz, Jazz and Pop, Jazz Quarterly, and Metronome. An internal itemized list is available upon request.
- Berklee College of Music. Stan Getz Library (Compiler, Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research by appointment.
Biographical / Historical
Dedicated in 1998, the Stan Getz Library is committed to collecting and providing access to both electronic and print resources for music materials and to providing bibliographic, reference, and instructional support for Berklee’s research, scholarly, and creative pursuits.
22 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
Serials are organized chronologically by title.
- Stan Getz Library popular music serials collection
- Under Revision
- Sofía Becerra-Licha
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The processing of this collection and the creation of this finding aid were completed with partial support from a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC).